Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh --Oh --Oh --Oh --Oh (Say it like Tim the tool man Taylor)

Yesterday I got to yank somebody out of the mud in my Tacoma. It was a shining moment for my truck, and it made my day. Brewer and I had just gotten out to our local stomping grounds (a huge open field of mud surrounded by lots of woods on either side) when I saw someone pull up behind me. I have never seen anyone else there, but there are always tons of tire tracks.(The land borders public land and is not posted at all) This guy and his son were going to ride dirt bikes in the field and got their 2 wheel drive Nissan truck stuck in the mud. Turns out he was neighbors with the owner of the land. So any way, on to the good part, the guy had a chain and a tow rope, so I told him I would try and pull him out. I must admit I was a little skeptical of my 4banger Taco with less then half of the tire tread left(he was stuck pretty bad).Not only did I have to pull this guy out, but I also had to navigate some pretty deep mud to get in position to give him a tug, but my doubts would soon be put to rest. The good old Tacoma passed this test with flying colors. She navigated the mud like it wasnt there. We hooked up the rope and I dropped her into 4 low, one slight tug and out he came. My pride immediately swelled. We talked for a few minutes "That truck sits pretty high" he said, "yeah she has 2.5 inches of lift" I replied, you get the idea. After a little more small talk we went our separate ways. This event did 2 things for me. It made me more confident in my trucks abilities and made it me want to get going on all of those modifications I talked about in the last post. Got to be prepared, right. HAHA. Just a cool story I thought yall would appreciate. Well I am looking forward to tomorrow, I am finally gonna go to the Dixie Deer Classic. I hope to spend a good amount of time there, I know I am gonna try to catch a seminar or 2. I will let ya know how it all goes.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment