Friday, February 4, 2011

Moving Forward

Hey guys,

So I guess I have some explaining to do seeing as how its been so long since I have posted anything. There are two things that I will blame for this dry period. One, having no energy to keep this up to date and two, thinking that no one was reading it any way, so why bother. Well I was caught off guard the other evening at an Appalachian State basketball game while catching up with an old friend and they mentioned reading my blog. I was blown away since I hadn't talked to this person in several years. To make a short story even shorter, this has given me a renewed interest and a new attitude for not giving up on NC Outdoorsman. I think I am going to set a goal of at least 1 post a week, maybe more, maybe not. I am excited again about writing so we will see where this goes. Recently there have been several things in my life worthy of writing about. Posts coming soon will include:

-Coyote at Raleigh Country Club

-Deer Season in review

-Brewers first duck

-Time to buy tires for the Tacoma, a breakdown of my search for the perfect tire.

-New BBQ recipe on trial for the Super Bowl, how it stacked up.

-Appstate football update

-$50 DIY Camper shell paint job

-Can my bird dog shed hunt too?


Moving on to a more serious subject. What a tragedy that occurred on Falls lake this past Sunday evening. As it has been well reported, the body of 40 year old Greg Feeter was discovered in the water Wednesday evening by authorities. Feeter was kayaking and perhaps fishing from his kayak on Sunday and didn't return home that night. We may never know what happened, but what a tragic reminder of the importance of being safe above all else while enjoying the great outdoors. Greg may have taken every necessary precaution, I am not saying he didn't, because he was apparently an experienced paddler. I know many times in the excitement of preparing for a hunt I will forget my harness or something along those lines and take a gamble I should never take.Since it only takes one small mistake, we have got to become more safety conscious in our outdoor excursions. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Check back in a few days to learn about the coyote roaming around Raleigh Country Club

2 comments:

  1. BTW the answer to your Tacoma tire question is BFG All Terrains if you have 16" wheels and Yoko Geolander Offroads if you have 17" wheels.

    You're welcome ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will never climb a tree or stand without a harness. Don't do it. Ever. We lost at least 4 hunters in Maryland to tree stand deaths this season.

    ReplyDelete