Friday, January 2, 2015

Well it has been entirely too long since I last posted anything. I have been a new dad now for 2 years, and I think I am finally getting the hang of things. What a challenge it is to be a dad that is engaged in family life and being who his family needs him to be.And I thought marriage was a selfless endeavor. Needless to say, my time in the field hunting or fishing has been somewhat limited. There have been a few highlights to speak of. Late this past September my dad turned 60. We have always talked about chartering a trip to fish the back waters around the Beaufort(NC that is), Emerald Isle, Harkers Island area. I could think of no better present for turning 60, so thats what we did. I found a guide out of Harkers Island by the name of Noah Lynk. His guide service is called Noah's Ark Fishing Charters. Let me tell you what, Captain Noah will put you on the fish. Dad and I booked Captain Noah for a full day initially. Due to family circumstances we needed to switch it to a half day. Captain Noah was happy to switch it up for us no problem. We fished for the better part of 5 hours and caught so many Reds and Specks it was ridiculous. I also caught a flounder that came in just over 5 lbs. That made the whole trip worth while for me. Another fun part was driving the boat while Captain Noah tossed the casting net at live shrimp we would use for bait. If you are looking for a fun day on the water with a laid back fun captain at a reasonable price, Give Noah's Ark Fishing Charters a call. He did not ask me to post any of this, Dad and I just had a really good time. We will be going fishing with Captain Noah again soon!! I am really excited to start writing this blog again. My next post will be about finding the perfect rifle for the Modern day weekend warrior like my self who has big dreams and no time or money. I have been in need of a new rifle for a long time, and by the start of next season I hope to have one in hand. This will be a post you do not want to miss as we will cover a lot of ground. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment