Thursday, December 24, 2009

Finally got back into the woods!

After over a week of no hunting, I spent the morning deer hunting with a friend of mine. We went to one of my game lands honey holes, and sure enough, we were the only ones there. I think we saw between 8 and 10 deer.Keith had a nice 8 pointer in his sights that wouldnt stop moving. He was following a doe that had come by a few minutes before. The buck hesitated at about 60 yards and was gone before we really knew what had happened. We also saw a spike, the rest were does. You would think with all of those deer around one of us could have managed a shot, but we couldnt. We sat together on the ground with opposite shooting lanes. For some reason, it was hard to identify which direction the deer were coming from. We could hear them walking, but by the time we pin pointed their exact location, There was really not shot. We sat looking down into a creek bottom that fed into a back cove of a lake. It was pretty thick all around us, but with no leaves on trees, we could see alright. The deer came from almost all directions. All in all, it was a great morning, aside from the constant need to blow my nose( just getting over that winter bug) and the usual cold toes. I love late season because it seems most of the other hunters have given up for the year. If I can get my honey do's done, I might take the Brew duck hunting this afternoon(Steffi has to work all day). Yall stay tuned and have a Merry Christmas..... eve

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment