Monday, December 14, 2009

MY FIRST HUNT

The sky was crystal clear and still completely dark. It must have been about 20 degrees. I was bundled up in some make shift camo with my buddies .243 in hand. I was 20 years old & had never been hunting before. I didnt know much about my life up to that point. One thing was for sure though. In that moment I realized I was a hunter. I was all in, hook line and sinker. We sat up against a big rock out in a field watched the sun rise while we scanned the field. We saw plenty of deer that day, my buddy shot a doe that afternoon.I never got a shot off. We had each picked out a doe from a group in the field we hunted that morning, I couldnt find the deer in the scope and he shot as the deer caught our scent and ran. It didnt really matter though, I had never experienced anything like this before. From the moment we walked out into the moonlit field, cold gear on, rifle in hand, I could think of nothing finer, and still cannot. Among other things, I was born to be a hunter. It is part of who I am and I am proud of it. I believe that God created each of us with a specific & unique purpose. I also believe that when we walk in that purpose and we are aligned to Gods word, it makes us passionate, confident, and influential people. While this quote from St Iraneus is not from the Bible, it is one of my favorite qoutes. "The glory of God is man fully alive" Remember today that you are fearfully and wonderfully made,align yourself to Gods word and his heart, pursue your passions. What makes you come alive?

I make no claim to be a master of grammer, forgive me in advance for my rambling, non flowing non-articulate blog entries. So much to say, sometimes I just shutdown or lose my self, my wife says I have A-D-D. I am pretty sure she is right. Hopefully this is the first of many entries. this blog is dedicated to all of the outdoorsman here in North Carolina and the surrounding states.( My first hunt was in Virginia) Gonna be posting lots of hunting and fishing pictures/stories/tips and other cool stuff. I hope you stay tuned.

-Andrew

P.S. My heart goes out to all the Appstate football players and coaches. What a great season,we came so close. You cannot replace our seniors,they will be missed, but I cant wait till next season. Any team with Coach Jerry Moore at the helm is SOLID in my opinion. GO APPS

No comments:

Post a Comment